Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beach

Hi Friends,

Sorry for the recent lack of updates...Thanks to the incredible generosity of our dear family friends the Sextons, we are having a healing and restful week at the beach. The Sextons offered us the use of their beautiful home near Seaside FL this past weekend. Monday morning, Claire, Jeff, and I piled the kids into the car and drove down. We have a beautiful screened porch overlooking the Gulf, the perfect pool for the children, and gorgeous white sandy beaches which had Lydie exclaiming, "Snow!"

After Jeff's parents returned to Dallas on Saturday, the Barnett house was feeling a little too quiet. Claire and Jeff were not emotionally or physically ready to get back into their regular routines this week, but at the same time a week spent just hanging around the house was not what they needed. We are so grateful to be here, the children are having a fantastic time and the water truly is theraputic.

We'll return by this weekend. I'll let everyone know when we're back.

We continue to be profoundly grateful for the well wishes, notes, messages, flowers, and all of the special things people have done...you know who you are. Please keep up the prayers, I think Claire and Jeff's re-entry to "reality" might be difficult. We talk about Baby Mac alot, and they are so thankful for the special time they got to spend with him last Thursday. Short of a miracle and his complete healing, they could not have asked for the day to go any better.

love Kathie

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled to hear that you are at the beach! There is simply no better place for renewal and reflection...what a wonderful gift. You remain in our prayers and we look forward to seeing you back in Dunwoody.

Catherine Anne, Mark, Rebecca, Ross, and Reed

Amy Clayton said...

Kathie,
I am so glad that you, Claire, Jeff & the kids are able to be together down in FL to continue to heal, remember, talk and just "be". I agree that there is no place more therapeutic that the snowy white sand and crystal clear beaches of the Gulf/Seaside area!

Claire - I have thought about you, Jeff,Lydie and baby Mac everyday of the last week. Thursday sounded like it went so well, given the circumstances and inevitable outcome. Mac is a gorgeous little angel - how wonderful that you will forever have those pictures to hold close to your heart. I pray that the special memories of your time spent showering baby Mac with intense love and affection will comfort you in both the good and not-so-good days ahead.
With love,
Amy Clayton

Kittie "Kat" said...

I know you don't know me, but I'm a friend of Tift's. I've kept up with your blog and had your sweet family in my prayers. Your faith and courage have really touched my heart. I will continue to remember you in prayer and tho't.

Anonymous said...

We continue to think and pray for you guys every day. Hope you are having a much needed break from reality at the beach. The pictures of baby Mac bring a big smile to my face. He is absolutely adorable!

Barton & Marcela

The Bertelinis said...

Claire, Jeff, and family,
You are all amazing and such an inspiration. I admire your strength and your ability to love to fully and honestly. I am glad you got a break at the beach and glad you are back.
Lia B.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to just now be getting around to the blog. My heart is completely broken for all of you but I am so happy that you were blessed with some time with Mac before he was called home. I know that he was a very special little guy for God to be in such a hurry to have him beside Him in Heaven. We you return home, I'd love to cook a meal for all of you. I'm not the best cook - but I have great intentions. May God be with you now and always and allow your heart to heal but carry Mac's memory forever. Allison Valdes (friend of the Chipman's)

Anonymous said...

Claire, Jeff and Lydie,

I know it has been years since we have laid eyes on each other but we have been so deeply affected and moved by your journey and by Kathie's posts. It has brought me back in touch with many old Vandy friends and it has brought me to my knees to talk to our most powerful Lord. I pray he provides you all with comfort and strength through your grief and joy in your memories of precious Mac.
Much love, Katie Bartley (Peifer)

Anonymous said...

You all continue to be in our prayers and we are so happy to hear you are having a restful week at the beach. Leah and Ken

Unknown said...

Claire & Jeff,
Your posting on July 26th is one of the loveliest things I've ever read. It was so generous of you to share the photographs and your time with your beautiful son. I found myself comforted by the two of you - by your words - knowing that you found the silver linings you mentioned throughout your ordeal - and that you are going to be OK - John and I were so moved. We admire your family for the grace and strength you have all shown. We are happy for your beautiful moments with little Mac. We are praying for your comfort and peace in the days ahead.
Dana & John Massey

Anonymous said...

Claire and Jeff,

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Your strength and faith are inspiring, and we pray that they continue to bring you peace. Thank you for letting us into Baby Mac's life through this blog and the photos. What a positive impact he has made on so many lives. We will continue to pray for you now and through the years.
With love, Sarah Ball